CENTRALLY FUNDED PROJECTS
- Coordinator - Sanctioned with a grant of Rs. 5.0 lakhs under Enterpreneurship Development Cell by AICTE, New Delhi, for the project titled 'Establishment of Value Added Patent Information Cell' for the year 2013-2014.
- Principal Investigator - Sanctioned with a grant of Rs.7.5 lakhs under MODROB Scheme by AICTE, New Delhi, for the project titled 'Modernisation of Pharmaceutics Research Laboratory' for the year 2011-2013.
- Co-Investigator - Sanctioned with a grant of Rs. 4.46 lakhs under Open Source Drug Discovery by CSIR, New Delhi, for the project titled 'OSDD Centre at Al Shifa College of Pharmacy' for the year 2011 - 2012.
- Principal Investigator - Completed a RPS project titled 'Formulation and Evaluation of Rifampicin Niosome for Anti Tubercular Treatment under DOTS Strategy' with a grant of Rs.8.51 lakhs from AICTE, New Delhifor the year 2007-2009.
- Co-Coordinator - Completed a EMD project titled 'Pharma Management & Entrepreneurship Development' with a grant of Rs. 4 lakhs from AICTE, New Delhifor the year 2005-2007
ORGANISED CENTRALLY / STATE FUNDED QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMMES
- Programme Coordinator - Pharmacy Practice Module 8 at Al Shifa College of Pharmacy in November 2014, attended by 300 delegates, having resource persons from United States of America with President, Pharmacy Council of India as Chief Guest.
- Co-coordinator - One day - 'Workshop for Pharmacistsâ€™ conducted in2004 .
- Coordinator - Two days National Seminar on 'Intellectual Property Rights' sponsored by MHRD, New Delhi with a grant of Rs. 1 lakh in the year 2005-2006.
- Coordinator - One week Short Term TrainingProgramme sponsored by ISTE, AICTE, New Delhi, on "Recent Trends in Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology" with a grant of Rs. 90,000/- for the year 2005-2006.
- Coordinator - One day National Symposium - PRISM - participated by 294 delegates - self-sponsored programme in the year 2009.
- Coordinator - Two days National Seminar Sponsored by AICTE, New Delhi, on "Nano Bio Governance Pharmaceutical Technical Advances, Research Challenges and future directions" with a grant of Rs. 75,000/-for the year 2005-2006.
- Coordinator - AICTE Sponsored Two days National Seminar on "Role of Nanotechnology in the development of Herbal Medicine - An Update" with a grant of Rs. 1, 12,000/- for the year 2010-2011.
- Coordinator - ICMR Sponsored Two days Workshop on "Stem Cells Applications & Opportunities in Drug Discovery" with a grant of Rs. 25,000/- for the year 2010-2011
- PhD - 1
- M.Pharm. - 19
- B.Pharm. - 50
ACADEMIC / CO-CURRICULAR
- PhD Guide for 2 scholars
- Evaluated 12 PhD research projects
- Twenty years of experience in teaching Pharmacy subjects to B.Pharm&M.Pharm students of The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai
- Five years of experience in Pharmaceutical Industries
- Completed in Post Graduate Diploma in Patents Law at Nalsar University of Law in 2007 and DL -101 course in WIPO, Geneva
- Knowledge in cGMP,ISO and Accreditation implementation process
- Completed Internal ISO 9001 Auditor Course by Germanischer Lloyd and MAM Consultants, Mumbai
- Co-authored a chapter, 'Extraction of Drug from the Biological Matrix: A Review' in a online book 'Applied Biological Engineering - Principles and Practice' published by InTech of Croatia in March 2012
- Co-authored a chaptertitled 'Impact of Microbial Surface Contamination and Effective Environment Monitoring System in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing' to the book titled "Developments in Surface Contamination and Cleaning" published by Elsevier in December 2012. Reported more than 6000
- Co-authored a chapter titled 'Drug Discovery - Role of Clinical and Regulatory Affair Teams in Turning a Potent Agent into a Registered Product', published in Elsevier in May 2014
PhD in Pharmacy
Year of Qualifying: May 2012
University: The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai
Topic: FORMULATION DEVELOPMENT AND EVALUATION OF RIFAMPICIN NIOSOMEs FOR ANTI-TUBERCULAR TREATMENT WITH ISONIAZID
Funded by: All India Council of Technical Education, New Delhi under Research Promotion Scheme
Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm)
Year of Passing: February 1992
University: Birla Institute of Technology and Science, (BITS) Pilani, Rajasthan
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
Year of Passing: May 1987
University: Madurai Medical College, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, Tamilnadu
OCTOBER 2012 to PRESENTAl Shifa College of Pharmacy
Poonthavanm Post, Kizhattur, Perintalmanna - 679322, Malappuram District, Kerala. Tel.: 04933-271416, 212100, 271212
Designation: Principal & Professor of Pharmaceutics
Note: Al Shifa College of Pharmacy offers M.Pharm (Pharmaceutics, Pharm. Chemistry, Pharm. Analysis & Pharm. Practice), Pharm.D., Pharm.D (Post Baccalaurte), B.Pharm., & D.Pharm. was established in the year 2002 and one of the pioneers of Pharmacy Education in Kerala
JUNE 2003 to SEPTEMBER 2012
Periyar College of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Periyar Centenary Educational Complex, K-Sathanoor Road, Trichy-620 021 Tel.:0431-2459911
Designation: Head, Department of Pharmaceutics.
Note: Periyar College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, an NBA Accredited (B.Pharm course for five years) and ISO 9001 Certified institution offers courses from diploma to doctoral level in pharmacy established in 1982.
- Director (Training & Placement)
- NBA Implementation Coordinator
- Project guide for M.Pharm and B.Pharm Students
- Subjects handled
- Industrial Pharmacy and Advances in Drug Delivery Systems for M.Pharm (Pharmaceutics) students
- Physical Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms & Cosmetology, Formulative Pharmacy & Biopharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Technology for B.Pharm students
- Member of Technology Business Incubator (Periyar TBI) team
- Convener - 'Institutional Quality Circle Review'
- Secretary - Academic Council
- Student Projects -
- M.Pharm: 15 projects completed
- B.Pharm: 50 projects have been completed
- Examiner and Paper Setter for -
- Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur
- The Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical University, Chennai
- Annamalai University, Chidambaram
- Calicut University, Calicut
- Vinayaka Missions University, Salem
- SRM University, Chennai
- Anna University, Trichy
- SASTRA University, Thanjavur
JULY 2000 to JUNE 2003
Sankaralingam Bhuvaneswari College of Pharmacy
Anaikuttam Road, Sivakasi - 626130, Tamilnadu, India. Tel.: 04562-231918
Designation: Head, Department of Pharmaceutics.
Note: Sankaralingam Bhuvaneswari College of Pharmacy is one of the premier institutes offering pharmacy courses affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai, run for the past 20 years produces scholars of high calibre.
- Head of the Department of Pharmaceutics
- Subjects handled - Formulative and Industrial Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Technology and Physical Pharmaceutics
- Member - Academic Advisory Panel
- Member - Staff Recruitment Panel
JANUARY 1994 to MAY 1999
Ultra College of Pharmacy
College Road, Tahsildar Nagar, Madurai - 625009 Tamilnadu, India. Tel.: 0452-2534597
Designation: Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmaceutics
Note: Ultra Trust runs courses in Pharmacy, Physiotherapy and Nursing up to master's level. Institute was started in the year 1980 and is affiliated to The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai.
- Handled classes for B.Pharm degree students
- Subjects handled-Formulative and Industrial Pharmacy, Physical Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology
- In-charge of all pharmaceutics laboratories, machine/equipment room and students placement
FEBRUARY 1992 to DECEMBER 1993
Osaki Products (P) Limited,
45, Main Road, Viswanathapuram, Madurai - 625 014. Tel.: 0452 2643407
Designation: Production Executive
Note: Osaki Products (P) Limited has liquid oral division and solid dosage forms in both allopathic and ayurvedic drugs.
- Managing the entire Production Process
- Definition and Implementation of Good Manufacturing Practice
JULY 1989 to DECEMBER 1990
Pharma Research and Analytical Laboratories (A unit of TTK Healthcare Ltd., Chennai)
E-7, Industrial Estate, Maraimalainagar, Chennai. Tel: 0091 4114 252244
Designation: Production In charge
Note: Pharma Research and Analytical Laboratories is a sister unit of TTK Pharma Limited, areputedmanufacturers of Pharmaceutical drugs specialising in Granules formulation along with tablets, liquid orals and injectables.
- Managing the entire Production Process, employing 150 workers, reporting to the Managing Director
- Definition and Implementation of ISO 9001 based Quality Control measures in co-ordination with Quality Control Department.
SEPTEMBER 1987 to JULY 1989
TTK Pharma Ltd., Madras, India
6, Old Trunk Road, Pallavaram, Madras - 600 043. Tel: 044 2368831, 2368872
Designation: Production Chemist
Note: TTK Pharma Ltd. was $100 Million Company having operations all over India and exporting ayurvedic products, with a work force of more than 1000 with numerous well established products. Market leader in ayurvedic (Indian Herbal medicine) pediatric formulations.
- Member of the Product team responsible for the creation of new products
- Worked in Tablets, injections and semi-solid divisions
- Part of the Production Automation team that defined the new manufacturing procedures.
CONFERENCES AND SYMPOSIUMS - PRESENTATIONS
Quality Improvement Programme Attended